Why am I being asked to verify my identity?
ID verification is required to prevent fraud and keep the community safe. It also adds an extra layer of security by ensuring no one but you link your payment information such as your bank account.
As part of our commitment to remain the most trusted cryptocurrency platform, all IDs must be verified through the BiMart website. We do not accept emailed copies of ID for verification purposes.
Which documents are supported for verification?
Supporting some kind of document provided by the US government. We will accept these forms of identification as primary forms of identification:
U.S. Federal Issued IDs:
- Employment Authorization Card (also referred to as "work permit card" or "EAD card")
- Permanent Resident Card (often referred to as a "green card")
- U.S. passport card
- U.S. passport biodata page
U.S. State Issued IDs:
- Driver's license or Learner's Permit card (not the temporary paper learner's permit/driver's license)
- State identification card
Identity Upload Troubleshooting
When uploading your photo ID:
Here are some tips for taking photos that will meet our image requirements.
1. Place the ID on a dark surface.
2. Use sufficient, natural lighting instead of a flash. It’s best if the photo is taken during the daytime.
3. Take a photo as directly above the ID as possible. Be sure that your shadow does not cover your ID.
4. Make sure that:
- All four edges of your ID are visible within the image.
- All information on the ID is clear & legible -- no details are blurred or covered.
5. Use the Chrome browser to complete the verification.
6. Do not obfuscate any information on the ID.
7. If you make a mistake, refresh the page to restart the process. Do not attempt to complete the process if you know there is an error.
8. For US customers, it is recommended US state-issued ID such as a Driver's License or Identification cards are accepted. This will speed up your verification audit time.
9. For customers outside of the US, we are unable to accept scanned or otherwise saved image files.